Robert is an advanced and professional speaker, offering inspiring Family History stories based on practical research.
What stories might your ancestors tell?
Thank you for giving our members such good interactive entertainment last evening it was greatly appreciated as a very professional talk and fun tooJenny; July 2018
Information [given] on less well-known sources, a very clear indicator of what is available and whereSociety of Genealogists; Aug 2018
Robert what a good talk you gave last Tuesday. One of the best I’ve been to,Maureen; June 2018
I only wish the [talk] had been longer!Society of Genealogists; Aug 2018
Searching for William
|During World War Two William’s wife sent food parcels to William’s family in London. After the war the families lost touch. What happened next will amaze you…|
What stories would your ancestors tell?
|A talk for beginners, how to start discovering your ancestors using proven research techniques.|
What other stories would your ancestors tell?
|A talk for those that have begun their family research and want to continue discovering ancestors using proven research techniques.|
Electronic family history
|Using the Internet to search for your family; tips, techniques, free sites and pitfalls.
(Beginner and advanced level talk available)
We will remember them…
|An engaging talk about the speakers research into his Grand Uncle’s Great War service. Discovering a letter encouraged Robert to uncover the real story behind Alfred’s sacrifice.|
The lopsided barge
|A fascinating talk with a twist about the speakers journey of discovery, having located his only Cambridgeshire ancestor.|
Making sense of the Census
|A talk for beginners, or those that have been researching for years. Discover something new in the UK census.|
|A key resource for Family History Research. Discover crucial background information and research techniques and so discover more about your ancestors.|
Our ancestors 1939-1945
|What sources are available for tracking our ancestors at this crucially important time of their lives and how can you access them?|
Using Social Media for Family History
|An increasingly popular way to communicate. How can you use Social Media safely for your family history research?|
11: Smuggling an accursed thing
|Contraband running was rife along the entire length of the British coast and loud were the voices condemning it. How were the speakers ancestors involved?|
12: The Quiz
|A fun family history quiz to test your knowledge. Suitable for beginners to advanced level. What are you waiting for?|
13: The 1939 Register
|One of the most important contemporary documents available. How can you use this document effectively in your research?|
I have talks planned with the current groups/organisations for the year ahead:
Other events for Family History
- Event: Family Tree Live, 26-27 April 2019, Alexandra Palace, London. Smuggling – an accursed thing
- Event: The Genealogy Show, 7-8 June 2019, NEC,Starting your family history in the digital age
- Event: The Family History Show, 22 June 2019, York Racecourse
- Event: The Family History Show, 6 July 2019, UWE Exhibition & Conference Centre, Bristol
- Event: The Family History Show, 24 August 2019, Sandown Park, Esher
- Event: AGRA Genealogy Conference, 27-28 September 2019, Oxford
Event: rootstec London, 24-26 October 2019, London
Over 100 talks delivered and counting…
- Who Do You Think You Are? Live
- Society of Genealogists
- BIG Family History Show; St Ives
- Bedfordshire Family History Society
- Bedfordshire WI
- Cambridgeshire Family History Society
- Cambridgeshire Family History Fair
- Cambridgeshire WI
- Colmworth & Neighbours History Society
- Essex Family History Society
- East of London Family History Society
- Fenland Family History Society
- Hertfordshire Family History Society
- Huntingdonshire Family History Society
- Huntingdon and Peterborough WI
- Huntingdon Darby and Joan
- Letchworth Family History Society
- Lincolnshire Family History Society
- Peterborough Family History Society
- St Neots Museum
- St Georges Over 60s Club, Cambridge
- St Neots Rotary Club and Inner Wheel
- and many more
- Please contact me to book one of my talks
- Please contact me to discuss the prices of my talks.
Sign up For My FREE Newsletter!
Free Top Tips, learning, events and much more!
What stories might your ancestors tell?
Based in Kent, United Kingdom
Mobile: 07803 129207